What’s the Plant Based lifestyle and how is it beneficial for your wellbeing?
- A plant-based lifestyle consists of foods from plants including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, seeds, nuts, and healthy fats.
- Plant-based foods are rich in fiber, they produce short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) like acetate, propionate, and butyrate that keep us inflammation-free.
- Each type of fiber feeds a different SCFA. For that reason, it's important for us to consume a diversity of plant foods!
- Those who nourish themselves with more whole foods while consuming less processed foods could have a lowered risk of contracting heart disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer, and obesity.
- Did you know that most plant-based eaters exceed their protein requirements? Contrary to belief, research shows that eating plant-based foods will not leave you protein- or nutrient-deficient.